CURRICULUM VITAE updated 1/1/18
Key Areas of Activity
>20 year specific experience in design of training courses and direct face to face training on: Total Quality Management, Change Management, Group Management, Kaizen, 5s, Lean Thinking , Business Organization, Project Management, Problem Solving.
>20 year specific experience in planning and development of e-learning unit, e-courses, e-teaching. Direct management of sites for public institutions and private sector. Deep experience in training to trainer on e-learning matters.
COURSES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
1997 to date: Independent professional consultant/teacher
Before 1997 Area Manager at CITER (Center for Textile Information – Emilia Romagna) in Italy
Activities during this period directed towards the promotion of technology:
· Writing monographs and developing seminars for the textile and clothing industry, with an emphasis on the promotion of technology and quality in small and medium-size companies.
· Company contact person for the TEX AT WORK (TELEMATICS) project, promoted by Aster (Province of Bologna), for the introduction and adaptation of telematic technologies for small and medium-size companies.
· Company contact person for the IRENE RELAY CENTRE (DG XIII) project, promoted by Enea (Province of Bologna), to identify the innovation requirements for small and medium-size companies in northeastern Italy.
· Participation in the work group that presented a research project entitled OMERO to the Scientific and Technological Research Ministry for the realization of an Expert System for the textile and clothing industry.
· Head of product and process industrialization for companies protected by Law 44 (new young entrepreneurs).
· Took part in the work group for the “Five Languages for Fashion” project to produce a multimedia CD for the translation and definition of technical/fashion terms. Partner: IFOA, (Reggio Emilia, Italy).
· Contact person in Italy for a project promoted by the DG XIII to produce a guide to technology transfer projects in the European Union. This guide was subsequently published in all the languages of the European Union.
Activities during this period directed towards the promotion of quality:
· Quality training for a UNIDO/UNDP project for the development of the clothing industry in Cyprus.
· Consultant and teacher for projects to support the Mexican clothing industry that were developed for the local government.
· Consultant and teacher for projects to support the Paraguayan clothing industry that were developed for the local government.
· Planning, management, and writing texts for a training multimedia CD entitled “Total Quality in the Textile and Clothing Industry”, commissioned by the DG III and marketed by the CITER. Its goal is to promote continuous improvement of subcontractors.
· Planning, management, and teaching in 6 consulting/training projects to promote Problem Solving and Quality at small and medium-sized companies in the clothing industry. These projects, which were extensively reviewed in the local and technical press, involved a total of approximately 40 Italian companies. They were implemented in collaboration with the Enea, Ervet, Chamber of Commerce of Modena, Chamber of Commerce of Reggio Emilia, and Ecipar/CNA Ferrara.
· Teaching – a considerable number of training seminars organized by the CITER for professionals in the clothing industry.
· Teaching – postgraduate training for D.A.M.S. students (University of Bologna).
· Teaching – training programs in Italian technical high schools.
· Facilitator for training programs connected with the Economic Sociology course, School of Sociology at the University “La Sapienza” in Rome.